POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing and GPU utilization : Re: Raytracing and GPU utilization Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing and GPU utilization
From: Alain
Date: 7 Aug 2006 21:32:25
Message: <44d7e9a9$1@news.povray.org>
jhu nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 06/08/2006 11:24:
> I know this has been brought up before, but I just found out about Gelato,
> http://www.nvidia.com/page/gz_home.html, NVidia's
> raytracing program that is able to utilize NVidia GPUs for parts of the
> rendering process. I was wondering if the same could be done for povray?

It can work IF you have a genuine nVidia card. It may not work if your nVidia
card is a little bit to old. It may not work if you have a third party card
using the nVidia chip. It will deffinately NOT work if you have any other kind
of card: ATI, intel, other...

Verdict:
That's not an option for POV-Ray.

--
Alain
Christian Science: Shit happening is all in your mind.